We are almost all moved in except for a few more things that are still at the other house and it feels so nice to be in our new home. We LOVE it and think this is all so exciting! Brooklyn and Nikell keep running around from room to room checking everything out. They both were so happy to be able to stay the night in their new house! Brooklyn keeps saying to me "mom can we live here forever and ever and ever and ever??" I seriously can't even count how many times she has asked me that today. Brooklyn loves our orange tree and asks to have an orange like every 10 minutes. I still have soooooo much to do so I better wrap this up. But here is a sneak peak of what our house looked like when we bought it and what it looks like now. I will do another post with more pictures soon!
This is the family room before...
And after. We painted, put in the new light fixture, put in our surround sound speakers, fixed a base board that had some water damage and put in some carpet.
(the accent wall is like an egg plant, purple color and I LOVE it!!!)

The new light fixture that we also love!
(our good friend Karl Hansen helped us out with most of the work in our house, he did a fabulous job!)
Yeah for new carpet!
Before I forget, last night when we were moving the big furniture into the house, Toby couldn't get a hold of anyone to help him and my dad move it all. So as they were doing it by themselves our next door neighbor who we know from church came over. He saw that we were moving and called some members of the church from the new ward we will be going to. Within one hour we had 5 boys around 16 years old and 3 more men and one younger girl to help us out. I can't tell you how much help they all were. The boy's stayed around helping us until 10:30 in the evening and whenever I told them they could go they said no, they were happy to help. I can't even express how much we appreciated their help, they don't even know us, yet they were still willing to give up their Friday night to help us move in.

7 comments:
Okay, your paint colors are awesome! I never would have dared (or even thought) of using that eggplant color, but I am loving it! It looks great, Tami! How exciting!
Wow! Your house is beautiful! I can't wait till we have a more permanent place to call home. I'm so jealous, and that light fixture is awesome! Love it.
I can't wait to see more pictures! I am so excited for you guys.
Tami this is awesome. I'm so happy for you guys. How fun! And I love what you have done to it. Amazing! And I'm excited to see more pictures. Yea for the new house and move :)
Looks great! I am glad you are finally moved over. Its been a long process. :) I am glad that you and your family are happy with it. :)
Such a beautiful home, and I love all the touches you have already made to make it your own. What a fun adventure!! Also, the church is amazing...always a helping hand when needed.
love the pictures tam. looks awesome!!!
Post a Comment