Monday, August 17, 2009

NIGHT OF SURPRISES

My friend Misty is married to a great guy who is serving our country in the armed forces. He has been gone now for about 8 months and was able to come home last wed to stay for about 10 day's. After that he will go back again for a couple more months. Misty has been looking forward to seeing her husband for a while now. Not only was she so excited to see him but she was also looking forward to spending their 7 year wedding anniversary with him.
So, about a month ago Toby and I get a call from Ryan (across seas). He wanted to talk to us about making their anniversary extra special. He had a few surprises planned like a horse and carriage ride in San Francisco, going to the show "Wicked", going to a really nice restaurant to eat, he had booked a way nice hotel and he also had bought an Armani suit which is HUGE for him because he doesn't really love dressing up. While talking on the phone with him he was hoping I could persuade Misty to dress up extra nice without giving anything away. We also made this AWESOME plan that Toby and I would go up to San Francisco and decorate their hotel room all romantic like. Ryan was really so thoughtful and he went out of his way to make this day amazing for Misty! I was so excited to be able to decorate their hotel room. I love my friend and was really looking forward to helping make this night unforgettable for her. Ryan even invited us to go to dinner and wicked with them. (way nice of him)!!
So Saturday was the day and it turned out really great. Toby and I drove to San Fran and went straight to their hotel. Ryan texted Toby when him and Misty left to go to dinner. We had to hide in the parking garage next door until they left. Ryan left us a key at the front desk and we went up to the 17Th floor to their way nice hotel room and tried to work fast because we were supposed to meet them for dinner. Everything went great! We had a really great evening and we really loved hanging out with them, it has been a while since we have seen Ryan! Wicked was awesome although the boy's would probably disagree. After the show we had to go back to the parking garage and sneak past their hotel without them seeing us. It was actually pretty funny trying to be so sneaky.
I am happy the night went great and I am also happy I don't have to keep anything secret anymore. I seriously HATED not being able to tell Misty. I seriously wanted to spill it all so many times. Which of course I would never do. But AAAAHHHHH That was freaking hard for me! I suck at keeping secrets, just ask my husband.
Anyways, Happy Anniversary Misty and Ryan I hope you both had a fabulous day! And thank you so much for inviting us to tag along. We had so much fun with you guys!






Don't they both look dang good!! Such a cute couple!!

6 comments:

Nichole W. said...

Awww! Can it get any cuter/sweeter/thoughful/romatic than that? Love it!

Trisha said...

That is so sweet! And you are such a great friend, she is lucky to have you.

mistyb said...

you guys are the best! we had so much fun hanging out with you! thanks again for all your decorating skills! love ya!

heidijogoody said...

How awesome is this! I bet it was so fun to be a part of this sweet experience

Cori Henderson said...

How sweet! I'm so glad that things went so well too.

ABranch said...

Such a sweet story. Ditto to all of the comments! Plus I want to add, "awwww!". :)