
The other day I was talking to a friend about the fast food restaurant, In And Out Burger. She was telling me how much her and her husband love to eat there. I was telling her that every time someone comes to visit from out of town they request to go to In And Out Burger. I have eaten here many times and I don't get what the big deal is. The fries taste like cardboard and I get that they make them from scratch there but in my opinion they taste pretty gross. Also when I have tasted the milk shakes I feel like I am just sucking down sugared down foam.
So last night I was out and about and I realized I was starving. I looked around to see what was around and right away saw an In and Out Burger. Normally I probably would never have gone there but in talking to my friend and thinking about it I really wondered if maybe I missed something and it was a really good restaurant. So, I decided to give it another shot. I usually don't eat very late but last night it was like 9 at night. I kid you not the line was so freakin long it took me like 15mn to get my food. (do that many people really eat this late?) So I brought my food home and started to eat it. I was really trying to keep an open mind and see if I liked it any more this time. All I can say is I am still really confused at why people love this place so much. I seriously had to use so much of that spread stuff to block the nasty taste of the fries. I will admit the hamburger was ok but in my opinion I would much rather go to Carl's Jr.
So I would really like to know what it is about this place that everyone loves so much. I just don't understand!
6 comments:
I've never been there but there is one coming to Utah county...I forget where, though. Maybe I can give you a review when it opens :)
ok first of all friend, it does not travel well, you have to eat it there at the restaurant. But I'm really not a huge fan either but for sure it is not good when you take it home. All our out of state family always wants to eat there too, I don't get it either!!
I am with ya! "What is the big deal?" I know a family in LA. They are very freaking wealthy. They eat In and Out EVERY Friday. They could eat ANYWHERE! WHY? WHY? WHY? Yup, I don't get it!
I have been there when we lived in California and you know what?! I prefer JCW's or Purple Turtle here in Utah to that. Its really kind of overrated.
so, i have to admit, i am a big fan of in n out. it started when i worked there. after working there a while, i started to love the fries. in fact i couldn't eat other fries because they tasted prefabbed. so now i love it. and i agree with misty though. it doesn't travel well. but in n out is either a love or hate place. you either love it or hate it. there's no in between. probably because all they have is one item-burgers. they have a secret menu though if you want to try variations on the menu
I agree on the fries...YUCK! But if you order the hamburger "animal style" it is SO FREAKING TASTY! I agree with your friend Misty though you have to eat it there before it gets cold :)
Post a Comment