Thursday, November 5, 2009

SOMETHING'S MISSING

I'm going through a period of my life where I am trying to be a good mom and make good decisions for my family. I'm trying to do some things for myself such as working out and trying to eat healthy (ya, that's not really happening, lets be honest). I feel like I am doing the things I need to be doing and want to be doing but it's almost like I'm just going through the motions. I hate feeling like I'm letting people, especially those I love, down because I'm not doing my best or giving all I can give.
I always feel this way when I am not as close to my Heavenly Father as I normally am. When I'm not giving my all to keep my testimony strong. I love praying with my family! I love going to church and being touched by the spirit! I love learning about our Savior Jesus Christ! I love teaching my children about our church and seeing them get comfort from prayer! I love serving people and I love supporting my husband as he serves people! All these things bring me so much happiness when I am doing them with all my heart. I know how amazing it feels when I'm giving my all to these things that I love. What gets me discouraged is when I let things slip and I neglect the most important things to me. I crave that joy and happiness. Don't get me wrong, I am happy and I love my life. But I can tell that somethings missing and I want it back.
Isn't it wonderful that I can feel that way again! That my Heavenly Father is always there for me even when I may turn my shoulder away for a time. All I need to do is let him in again and how easily and simply that joy will come back.
I hope my family and friends will forgive me for a crappy couple of day's but I'm on the up and up. And the future is looking bright!
Today I pulled myself off the bed and made myself get ready. I took the girls to the park and we had the best time together! It really lifted my spirits and It made me so happy to be playing with them and smiling and laughing with them. I love my family and I am so happy they are mine!!





9 comments:

ABranch said...

I am glad you know the way to being happy, Tami. Go after it and know we are always here and love you...

heidijogoody said...

Sometimes it just takes us a min to regroup and remember what is most important in our life!

Trisha said...

WE all go through those moments in life...its normal :) Good for you for plowing through and looking to the good things in life. You are awesome, in fact I wish we lived closer so that we could hang out :) Have a great day!

Lorilee said...

Tam, sorry you had a rough couple of days. You are such an amazing mom and friend. your sweet testimony and spirit inspires me. Love ya friend. BTW I love the close up of Nikki's face. So cute.

mistyb said...

thanks for sharing your sweet testimony with us! And you don't have to apologize for having bad days! We always love you friend! I am the same way though as far as getting out and doing something fun with my kids and just enjoying them. It totally lifts my spirits and makes things better (that's what the zoo was for me yesterday too) I love you girl.

as a sidenote I am in LOve with Brooklyn's jacket and the picture of her by the orchard is fabulous! great work girl!

Nichole W. said...

I have been feeling this way all week. I've just been in a fog, getting nothing done. Thanks for the post, you are awesome! And I love the 2nd picture down of Brooklyn, too. It's perfect!

Aim said...

Tami, hang in there! I was feeling the same way a couple of weeks ago. Thank goodness we have the gospel, truly where would we be without it? I loved the park pictures. What kind of camera do you have? I am asking Santa for one for Christmas. Let me know! Hang in there, hugs!!

winston and jillyn egan said...

Uggg it must be something going around because I have felt thee exact same way. This week has absolutely SUCKED and I feel like I'm in a rut. Thanks for sharing. Your awesome and it made me feel much better. Also kinda helps I'm not the only one feeling like this:) Your beautiful and so is your family!

Cori Henderson said...

I know how you feel! I'm glad that you are feeling better. Sometimes I think I need to get my priorities straight:) Today has especially been one of those days for me and its been awful. Thanks for posting that! I love your pictures, and that Matilda Jane jacket on Brooklyn is to die for!!!