Sunday, November 22, 2009

ONE SPECIAL DAY

As many of you know my friend Misty's husband has been serving in the armed forces. He has been in Kosovo since last January. Well after almost a year of being away from her husband Misty finally was able to have him come home. Last week Ryan and all of the men that were out there with him came home to their families. Misty really wanted to have some pictures of them reuniting so she invited me to come along. I was more then happy to go and actually felt pretty privileged to be able to witness such a awesome moment in their lives. On the way to the airport it was really hard for me to keep from tearing up. I can't even explain how happy I am for my friend that this year is over and that they can get back to being together as a family.
This experience for me was seriously so awesome and it made me really really appreciate what these families sacrifice for us and our country. Ryan I speak for both me and Toby when I say we are happy that you are home.

This is Misty, Dylen and Max before we headed outside to watch the plane land. They were so excited!
Max is seriously such a cute little man. His eyes in this picture really are to die for!

His laugh is darling too!
The plane finally arrived!

Dylen was probably the sweetest thing ever. She made a sign for her dad that had pictures of her and him all over it. She held her little sign for like 10 mn just staring out at the plane waiting. She didn't take her eyes of the plane the whole time you could just tell she really couldn't wait. It might have been the sweetest thing I've ever seen! I just wish I could have known what was going through her head at that moment.


Dylen got on the news and she was so dang cute. She said that she really wanted to give her dad a hug.



Ryan was one of the last ones to get off the plane. I'm sure they were having a hard time waiting.
There he is!!!
Right when he walked up they had a big family hug.
Max put his head down on Ryan's shoulder and stayed there for about 10 mn.

More news crew came. The best was when they asked Ryan what it felt like to see his family again. He said "well my kids are a lot bigger and my wife is HOT! It feels great".









I love this picture because Misty was saying something to Ryan and he was just staring at her. It was pretty cute I thought!






Ryan went to go get his bags and Max and Dylen went running after him. They didn't want to be away from him for a second.

This was such a neat experience and I was so glad that I was able to be apart of it. I love you Mist and I am so glad you have your babe home with you again!!!!!

9 comments:

ABranch said...

Wow, Tami, these shots give great incite into Misti's world. I totally got teary eyed. So much emotion in these shots. Beautiful!

The Boyacks said...

Love the pictures that you took. I am sitting here crying what a tender moment for their family. I love that you were able to capture that for them, what a precious gift that is.

Nichole W. said...

Thanks for posting, Tami! It really is heartwarming to see a family reunited after so long. And a big thank you to Misty, Ryan, Max, and Dylen for serving our country and sacrificing your family for ours.

heidijogoody said...

Man what a special experience this had to have been! I was just tearing up and holding back the tears as I read this and looked at all the sweet pictures what a neat opportunity for you to be there to witness all that.

mistyb said...

well add my tears too friend! just looking over them again I am so happy that you were there to capture these for us. Thank you so much! I LOVE them and love you girl!

Cori Henderson said...

Oh my gosh! What amazing photos! They sacrifice so much for the rest of us by being apart for so long! Thanks for posting!

winston and jillyn egan said...

Oh my gosh I'm totally bawling right now. THANK YOU!!! On so many different levels. She seems like such a good friend and I'm happy for her. I wish all the soldiers knew of our gratitude. Tell all of them (her family) THANK YOU!

Trisha said...

Im with everyone else, sitting at my computer teared up for them. WHat a true and selfless sacrifice. And what beautiful pictures for them to have to remember that day. I especially loved the ones of him with each of his kids on his shoulder. PRICELESS>

Aim said...

Wow what a special experience! I loved all the pictures, and I LOVE your camera. So neat, thanks for sharing.