Sunday, November 8, 2009

LEG WARMERS AND FLOWERS

Columbia
On Saturday Toby really wanted to go on a drive up in the hills to see the beautiful fall colors. Where we are down in the valley we don't see to many colorful tree's just a few here and there. This is something that we both miss about Utah for sure! So Saturday afternoon we drove up to a place called Columbia. Our friend Lorilee told us about a pond up there that is really beautiful and has duck's that the girls would love. So we took her advise and brought along some bread to feed the ducks. We were not disappointed, it was all she said it would be and more. The temperature outside was crisp and a little chilly but comfortable. The colors were absolutely breath taking and we all had such a fun relaxing time.
Leg Warmers
On the way to Columbia Nikell's diaper overflowed (gross I know). She was soaking wet, especially from the waste down. The problem was I didn't come prepared because this never happens anymore so I didn't have any pants to put on her. As I am searching the car trying to become creative I come across these leg warmers that just arrived from Matilda Jane. I knew there was no chance of these fitting her but there were no other options at the time. So we asked Brooklyn if we could borrow the skirt she was wearing since she had leggings on under it and we put the leg warmers on Nikki's leg's and tucked the top's of them underneath the waste band of the skirt. Yes, I know this sounds ridiculous but I have to say it ended up looking quite adorable. At times the leg warmers would come out from being tucked and slouch down on her legs every time this happened Nikell would do this funny walk and say "down, down" (they fell down) in this little helpless voice. It was pretty funny and it gave us all a good laugh.
Flowers
The other thing I want to mention is I realize that I am a huge fan of big bows and flowers for my girls hair. I love color and I just think they look darling on little girls. Well, after looking at these pictures I realize now I may have gone a bit past just big flowers and gone straight to HUGE flowers. Way too HUGE! In some of these pictures the flower looks almost as big as little Nikell's face. It's funny how sometimes we don't notice things until we get a different perspective on it. Like in this case looking back at the pictures. Or another example is when you gain weight slowly through the years you don't notice how big you really are until you see a picture of yourself or you lose the weight and then look back at the pictures of yourself when you were bigger. (that happened to me) Wow, I am being so random sorry for rambling. Don't really know were I was going with that I guess I just found it interesting. I most likely wont be using the HUGE flower again. Enjoy the fun pictures.







9 comments:

Jodi said...

What a fun day! I LOVE the leg warmers. So so cute!! We miss you guys!!

Cori Henderson said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't buy the leg warmers, but seriously I wish I did now! Those look absolutely adorable on her! Such cute pictures! What a fun day!

Nichole W. said...

Those are super cute leg warmers and great pictures!

Lorilee said...

Great Pics friend. I love the last one. Such sweet girls.

heidijogoody said...

I think the outfit turned out cute even with what you had! And actually I think the flower looks really cute too.

ABranch said...

Funny story; it shows how MacGyver you are! Next you will be making an outfit out of jumper cables, a couple pf bungee cords and the spare tire. And it will probably look better than most of what I wear. LOL!

BTW: the flower does not bug me and you know how I feel about them. OMG! Maybe all your flower accessories have finally desensitized me! ;)

winston and jillyn egan said...

That is so funny. It totally worked though. And it's so cute. That looks like a beautiful place.

The Boyacks said...

What a beautiful spot! Love the story too - I would have never even thought that she wasnt all dolled up. She looked absolutely beautiful. Love the leg warmers they are super cute.

Shantel said...

You're a creative mom...you have to be sometimes! I'm impressed how darling your girls always look huge flowers and all! And YOU too! I aspire to be a cute mom like you!