Tuesday, November 3, 2009

OBSERVATION WEEK

Brooklyn is still taking ballet once a week. She LOVES it and is constantly dancing around our house showing us all her new moves. Her most often used phrase is "watch this, watch this". In her ballet class they close blinds on the window so that the kids don't get distracted. Once a month, though, they open them up so that the parents can watch the kids dance. Its enough to keep us satisfied. It is funny to me to watch all the parents crowd to the window just waiting for their turn to take picture of their child. I know that I am the last person that should be amused by this because it is me who is the most aggressive one pushing my way to get my pictures.
This week Brooklyn did a great job, aside from her being very obsessive about her friend Dylen's attention. (something we are having a number of talks about). She loves ballet and is just wanting to dance more and more. It is so much fun having a little dancing girl. I love to see her happy!
Here are some pics of this months observation week.







Every morning Brooklyn wakes up and the first thing she does is take off her pj's and puts on her dance clothes. This happens every day! She dances around the house all day long and loves it.
The other morning she put her leotard on backwards. I told her nicely that it was on backwards and she replied, "I know mom, I like it this way"

6 comments:

Nichole W. said...

Oh my gosh, those last pictures are too funny! Silly girl! I love it. I also love her hair in those braids! Totally cool.

Nichole W. said...

P.S. You know she's going to "thank" you for those pictures someday. :)

winston and jillyn egan said...

Ahhh those last couple pics are precious. Your girls are so stinking cute:)

Lorilee said...

She is awesome. I love those little ruffle shorts she has. So cute.

mistyb said...

the first b/w picture is my favorite. I actually quite love it!

the last ones are hilarious. She's so cute!

heidijogoody said...

I love that my girls love to dance too! Ok I am totally loving Brooklyn's hair at dance you and her must have been really patient for that one to work out! Also I love the whole leo on backwards pictures, that girl already knows that it just feels better to let it all hang out sometimes :)