After we hung out at Bear Lake for a few day's we headed into Richmond to have lunch at my parents house and then to visit all my Grandparents. The girls still get a little confused as to what grandparents are what. That is the sad part about living far away! We went to see my Grandma Joan and Grandpa Leor. They looked like they were doing pretty good but another sad part about living far away is when you haven't seen your Grandparents in a while you really notice how they have aged. It makes me happy that we were able to visit but sad that I am not able to see them more in these last day's of their lives. I love them so much and have such good memories of visiting them when I was young in St. George. I always loved going to their home. My grandma was the best hostess and always had the cleanest house and always made the yummiest food. I remember Loving that they always had Burnt almond fudge ice cream in their freezer and during Christmas time they always had a stock of Sees chocolates! My Grandma always made the yummiest cheesecake and I loved how she topped it with Kiwis and pineapple. I have lots of memories of going up Zions canyon with them and watching the big eye max theater. I also loved going shopping there at the outlets and also walking around the St.George Temple. I remember once I drove back to Highland with My Grandma and Grandpa and I remember my Grandpa listening the his oldies music the whole way back and he sang all the songs. He has such a good voice and I liked hearing him humm or sing along. I also thought it was hillarious when he would take his false teeth out and clean them as he was stil humming along. Love him!! My Grandma has always been more quiet but she has always shown me she loves me by her hugs and her smiles and by teaching me things, like how to iron and clean. I love them both so much!!
We also went to visit my Grandpa Branch. The girls loved his car collection!! My Grandpa has been without my Grandma for about 3 years now. It was such a good visit and he seemed very upbeat and happier then I have seen him in a long time. My Grandpa Branch has always been my favorite on my dad's side of the family. He was always so good with me and I just love giving him hugs and talking with him! When my Grandma passed away it was really, really hard on him and I could see that he didn't want to live anymore. Everytime I asked him how he was doing he would just say "oh, bad, horrible". It was sad and I felt sad for him. Now when I see him even though he still say's things aren't great I can see him smiling again and the negativity in his voice is a little bit humorous now. I love my grumpy old Grandpa! When I tell him he looks good he just chuckles and say's "oh no I don't". I tell him we look forward to seeing him at Christmas and he say's, "I hope not" (hinting that he would rather be looking down at us from Heaven). He misses his wife and I don't blame him. But I sure do hope to see him at Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment