Wednesday, April 29, 2009

NIKELL OR NIKKEL?



Toby and I had a really hard time feeling good about a name when it came to having our second baby. We tossed around quite a few such as Liberty, Halle, Kate... All of these names we liked but none of them really felt right. When we started talking about Nikell we both really loved it. It was a name we both felt really good about. The only problem we were having was how we should spell it. We didnt agree on the spelling at all. I really wanted to spell it Nikkel and he really didn't know what way he like it spelled. The only thing he was definite on is he didn't want it spelled the way I liked it. (of course) So in the end we decided to spell it Nikell. Which to me didn't make a whole lot of sense because I knew we would call her Nikki but whatever, I just went with it.
about a week before Nikell's first birthday Toby comes to me and quietly says. "um, babe Ive been thinking... do you already have Nikell's birth certificate? Because if it isn't to hard maybe we should change the spelling of her name too N-i-k-k-e-l." The look on his face was priceless. He had this little innocent smile going on and he was kind of avoiding eye contact because I am sure he knew I was just looking at him like ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
So here we are today seriously considering changing the spelling of her name.

5 comments:

winston and jillyn egan said...

How funny. Husbands should just go with whatever we want because down the road they think our way was the best way to begin with. Winn and I couldn't agree on a middle name for Howard so he doesn't have one...and now guess who wishes he does?

mistyb said...

i always spell it nikkel the first time and have to redo it after remembering so it would be easier for me. that's definitely a reason to change it ;) ha ha ha!

Megan Kroutil said...

She is so cute Tami and I love her name no matter how you spell it:)

Nichole W. said...

That is so funny! I really think it works either way, and it would probably be a big hassle to change it, wouldn't it? And any keepsakes that might already have her name on it would then be spelled wrong later?

Cori Henderson said...

That is funny! I like it either way too. I agree with Nichole though, go ahead and change it if you don't have too many things with her name on it:) BTW I got the dresses at Matilda Jane. Here's the web address. www.matildajaneclothing.com but I think you have to order through a trunk keeper. I'm sure there's one around your area. They are darling huh!!! I can't get over all the cute stuff they have.