Monday, April 13, 2009

DADDY

My dad had a birthday a couple of day's ago and I really wanted to let him know how much I love him. I wish so much that we could have been there with you to celebrate your special day dad. We miss you so much and really have a hard time being so far away from you and mom. I hope you had a really great day!
When I was younger I went through a time when I really didn't treat my parents very good. During that time of my life I distinctly remember that It truly caused me pain to speak and treat my dad the way I did. The reason I bring this up is because dad, I don't think I ever told you how much I looked up to you and wished that I could treat you the way you treated me. My pride wouldn't let me show my vulnerable side to you. I want to thank you for always loving me regardless of how I was acting. I still remember every morning you walking out of your room to go to work and me sitting on the floor in front of my mirror doing my make up. You would greet me with the most cheerful and happy "Good Morning Tami how are you"? I don't think I ever responded to you but I want you to know that I wanted to so bad. What I really wanted to do was to be as cheerful and happy as you seemed to be all the time. I am sorry that I didn't ever show you how much I truly loved you. You are such a good man and seriously the best dad. I always knew that I wanted to marry a man that was like you and I don't think I could have gotten any closer. Toby reminds me of you in so many way's and I am so glad that you set the bar high because he is wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better husband. Thank you for being such a wonderful example to me and for teaching me about the gospel. But most of all thank you for never giving up on me. And for always seeing my true potential. I will never be able to explain to you the love and respect that I have for you. Happy Birthday daddy!!
This is my dad and Toby's dad on Brooklyns blessing day. My girls have the best Grandpa's in the world!
This is the day of Nikell's blessing.




6 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

I hope he had a happy birthday too!

mistyb said...

what a sweet post tam. I'm sure he knew all those things. and especially that you love him! Hope he had a wonderful birthday!

winston and jillyn egan said...

Ahh how sweet. I think most girls feel the same way. I know I do. I hope he had a wonderful birthday.

Nichole W. said...

Good dads are a great blessing! This was a great post, Tami.

Kalli said...

Oh Tam that made me cry I always have loved your dad too he was always so sweet to everyone your a very lucky girl with all the people that have always loved and cheered you on in life I am sure your dad was more proud than you can imagine when he read that you are so thoughtful.

Megan said...

Hey Tami. I love this post & can definately relate with your feelings! Just wanted to agree with you that your dad is an amazing guy!