Sunday, May 11, 2008

WEEKEND IN SANTA CRUZ

This weekend Toby wasn't on call so we went out to Santa Cruz. We left Friday night and stayed at a hotel right near the Beach. The first night pretty much sucked!! I think it was just because we were in a new place but Brooklyn woke up like every hour that night. She went right back to sleep after she saw me but it happend so much that we just didnt sleep. Then at about 3 in the morning the people above us decided to get in an argument and it was so loud. Then after they calmed down Nikell woke up. Then when she went back to sleep Brooklyn woke up and ended up sleeping with us for the rest of the night. So that was hard but I have to say the next day was nothing but good times!
Misty and Ryan and their kid's Dylen and Max came out and hung out with us for the day. We had so much fun playing on the beach, walking on the boardwalk and down the pier and having dinner on the pier. I know there are a lot of pictures but they were so cute I had to show them all.


Toby and Brooklyn hanging out in the hot tub at our hotel.



Brooklyn wasn't sure about the sand at first.

I love my friend Misty I am so glad we met!

Max loves teasing Brooklyn, they have so much fun together.

Behind us is the Boardwalk. There are so many rides and shop's it's so much fun.

As you can see she soon got used to the sand. And loved it!

While we were at the beach Nikell wasn't very happy. She finally fell asleep.

Toby and Ryan just enjoying life.

If you look close you can see the sand is allover Brooklyn's mouth. Her and Max thought the sand tasted pretty good.


Brooklyn was so tired this is actually the first time ever that she has fallen asleep in the stroller. She actually fell asleep in the middle of eating a cookie, It was pretty funny. We were glad she got a little nap she woke up much happier.

10 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Oh my gosh!!! That looks so fun. Going places with two little babies is hard, but how fun!! I love the pictures--they are so cute!!!

heidijogoody said...

How fun I bet that was a nice little getaway!

mistyb said...

so cute! What a fun time we had, man I love the beach and it's so much fun to get away with friends! I'm so glad you posted the picture of the 2 of us, my computer is being crazy and I lost like 20 pictures from the trip and the one of us was included! bummer! :( love ya! and the new blog background is super cute

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That looks like so much fun!! That is so great that you guys were able to get away and have such a great time. Sorry about the first night. Sleepless nights are always the worst.

Haskins said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! I am glad you had a chance to get away!! I love that brooklyn will play in the sand. So cute! Where did you get your cute background?

Kalli said...

Ok Tami I have not looked at your blog for awhile but how cute the pics from Santa Cruz and how fun for you guys to be able to go there. You guys are so lucky I love it. And on your last post I am sorry that you were struggling with no sleep and less time with Toby but I am so glad that you came to realize that there were other things that would make you happy in spite of the things you feel were missing, I can totally relate though you know my situation enough to know that when I finally decided to go back to church, and pray with my little family everyday, and read my scriptures that it really does make a HUGE difference I love you and hope you are feeling better about things. Miss you too much give those beautiful girls a smooch from me and Kai and I will talk to you soon.

chel wakley said...

Thats awesome that we are living the same life, well me minus two kids :)
I know I agree, Ty and I were talking about it last night after the movie p.s. I love you, and I didn't even want to talk about it, it made me sick.
Looks like you had a great trip, you sure are a darling family.

Anonymous said...

wow what fun! brooklyn is such a lil cutie! i bet she had so much fun

Jodi said...

Im so jealous! I havent been to the beach in so long!! You guys are brave traveling with 2 little ones. I get worn out just traveling with 1! It looks like you had a blast. I love the cute pictures.

Kalli said...

just like you said that you wish I was closer cause I make you feel good about yourself I need you seriously thanks for the compliment I felt HUGE in the dress I don't know what it is about some things I buy when I try them on in the store they look what think is great and then I wear it for longer than two minutes and I am pulling on the sides and uncomfortable as ever so I needed to hear that cause I felt it just made me look weird.