So all in all I really shouldn't ever complain. But Along with our sweet girl's also comes a lot of lost sleep and some frustration. And although Toby has a great job it's not without its hardship's. he can sometimes be so busy we really don't see him that often. That's hard for me cuz I am kind of attached. So because of these things it has been hard to stay excited about life and have a good attitude on a day to day basis. Some day's are definatly harder than other's but I guess it hasn't helped that Toby's job has been so demanding, lately more than ever.
I have come to a realization tonight after I had a minor breakdown. We really are so blessed and instead of dwelling on all the hardships that come our way I just need to do what I know I have been slacking on lately. Going to church isn't enough I really need to get my relationship with Hevenly Father stronger. I don't read the scriptures that often and sometimes it's hard to have a heart felt prayer when I'm so exhausted. I also believe that praying with Toby is so so important before going to sleep and that has been really hard to do also. It's almost like we hit the pillow and then we are dead to the world. So I guess what I am saying is I havent been doing the things that bring me the most joy in this life. I want to try harder and I really want to show Hevenly Father how greatful I am for all of these wonderful thing's in my life.
So I know I am kind of wearing my heart out on my sleave here. But It's nice to know that I have friends that I am not afraid to vent to a little. I am sure you have all been there. So any words of encouragement are welcomed. I am going to have a better attitude and be happier all around I just know it.
Just some cute Pictures!




9 comments:
You are doing awesome! :) We love you. *hugs*
Sometimes Ty and I will say our prayers and read together after dinner.. I think that kneeling in prayer is such a huge strength to a relationship. Not only between you and your husband but also the Lord. If we know the rest of the night is going to be crazy we will read our scriptures and pray early. So then when we crash in bed, it doesn't matter :) It is probably different with kids though.
the pictures are so cute! I know what you are going through girl! It's so hard at the end of the day, we try and do family prayer with the kids before we put them to bed and sometimes that's the only prayer we do together but it's nice and is hopefully teaching the kids how important prayer is. We need to work on praying together and reading scriptures too, I know that when we do those things I really feel closer to Heavenly Father and I know you will too. You are doing a great job Tami, you are a really great mom and believe me I know it's hard when your hubby isn't around as much as you would like but I just keep telling myself it won't be like this forever!! :) love you!! and please call me next time you are having a rough night I will come hang out or take the girls while you have a little break, seriously!!
I understand 100% how you feel. I have been slacking off a lot lately. For example, when Rylee was little I justified not having FHE by the fact she probably wouldn't understand and wouldn't sit still. Well now 3 years later I know she will understand and I still haven't gotten my act together!!! I was feeling pretty down and then onn Tuesday we had enrichment and I got to go to 3 classes- Strengthening marriage, personal scripture study, and parenting. I definitely left that night feeling inspired to do better not only for me but also fo my family! So here's to getting back on track and being a better person! Don't feel like you are alone Tami because I think every mother goes through the same thing. They just don't tell you that before you have kids! Love ya.
I know what exactly what you mean Tami. Life has been hard lately and its so easy to get off track. I'm glad you wrote what you did cause I need to be grateful for everything I have, and not dwell on all that I don't. Love ya!
You are not alone in any of the feelings you are having. I think sometimes even though being a mommy is the most fullfilling job it is for sure one of the most demanding jobs and sometimes we just dont get the credit we might need to keep on going. Always remember that your little girls love you so much and if you were to not be there with them they wouldn't know what to do. You are a good mommy so hang in there even on the hard days.
Hello!! Your family is so cute I can't believe it. Two beautiful girls. Next time your in town let me know I would love to get together. You have always been one of my favorites :)
Your girls are adorable! I think being a mom is one of the hardest jobs there is and sometimes even with the best intentions the sweet husbands don't realize how demanding it can be. I think when you two are experiencing two totally different lives during the day it can be really hard to fully understand what each other is dealing with and to "reconnect" at the day's end can be a challenge. I think every mom goes through what your feeling (I sure have!) and I think it great that you can ask for words of encouragement because everyone needs that! Staying positive is important for you and to give support to Toby. Good luck with your girls!
aaww tami its hard sometimes, expecially when you have young kids. sometimes i feel like i dont have time to breath. its very tireing but you are doing awsome. and happy mothers day!!
Post a Comment