I am pretty desperate here. So anyone who has advice please give it to me. Since Nikell was born she has only wanted to breast feed. I have been very happy with this because I really enjoy it. Unfortunatly these past few weeks she has cried a lot while eating and I figured out that it's because I'm not getting enough milk. So I started trying to give her a bottle. I never imagined it being this hard. She has a really sensitive gag reflex so the bottle nipple makes her gag. Not only that she doesn't seem to even know hot to suck the bottle nipple. I have tried every nipple and nothing helps. I also baught a breast pump and have been trying that in a bottle and thats not helping. I pump after I feed her to see if that helps me produce more and that's not doing much ether.
I don't think I would even try to give her a bottle ever but I don't think she is getting enough to eat. It seriously is the hardest thing when we try to feed her the bottle she cries and cries for so long and she even throws up sometimes because she gag's so much. It's so sad and it makes me feel like jumping off a cliff. I have resorted to giving her breast milk with a medicine dropper but that takes like forever and she swallows a lot of air. So I am really frustrated here and I feel really bad that I can't just have what she needs. But I feel like all I do these day's is feed then pump then try the bottle then feed her with the dropper. I am dying!!! HELP PLEASE!!
5 comments:
I've had problems feeding babies before and its the worst, I know what you mean about wanting to jump off a cliff. If you want to produce more milk go to a health store and buy some Mother's Milk Tea (you could probably get it online too). Its helped me before when stress has dried up my milk supply. If that doesn't work, then I would just keep trying to get her used to a bottle. Eventually she'll have to take it, even though its hard.
When I nursed the girls I started to feel like my milk was drying up and I wanted to continue nursing and I just talked to my OB and she prescribed me some medicine to help me produce more milk. I can't remember what it was called but I am sure if you talk to your OB they would be able to know. Hang in there and good luck.
I think I remember the name of that medicine I took to get more milk, I think it was called Reglan! Hang in there because with nursing the girls I often felt like an all around cow between the nursing two at the same time to pumping and nursing one all at the same time. Good luck!
Oh my gosh Tam, I am so sorry. I really don't have advice but to just keep trying with the bottle, you would think she would eventually have to take it. Hang in there, I will pray for you, nothing is more frustrating than your baby not getting enough to eat, or not eating right!
I feel your frustration. When we brought Madalyn home from the hospital she had been doing mostly the bottle in the NICU, but I really wanted to breastfeed. So, for quite a while (seemed like forever) I was breastfeeding, then give her the bottle (cause she was so tiny and I didn't know if she was getting enough) and then I'd pump. What a headache! Finally my doctor told me to just breastfeed since she was gaining weight, it's going pretty well now! I hope things have gotten better. It's a tough time!
Post a Comment