Saturday, September 19, 2009

THE FLOWER

I was outside earlier today just having some fun with my camera. I sat in my front yard taking a picture of a flower for like 45 minutes. I know to some of you this might sound crazy but I was really enjoying myself. I have never been the type of person who really finds joy in taking pictures of flowers or bugs or mountains. But as I sat out there snapping shots and trying to figure out my camera, I found myself falling in love with this small, flower. I realized then that seldom do I ever take time to notice and appreciate the tiny details that make this world so beautiful. These flowers have been in my front yard since the day we moved in and I don't think I have ever given them a second glance. We live in such a beautiful place and I just needed to express how grateful I am that I get to enjoy all of God's creations. I hope to not take these things for granted again and to take notice of all the things that make this earth so beautiful no matter how small they may be.

6 comments:

ABranch said...

Cameras are great tools in helping us notice those "tiny details" we tend to miss. I just love the photo and I love the fact that you spent so much time getting it. I am one who can relate to such meditative moments. :)

mistyb said...

great post friend! beautiful flower, and I've been feeling the same way lately. not noticing the little things. make we can do better together! also love your new background, did you do it yourself?

Nichole W. said...

I wish I had the patience to figure my camera out like that.
Great picture, I especially like the water droplet at the bottom!

Cori Henderson said...

Way to go Tami! Looks like you are learning so quickly!!

winston and jillyn egan said...

Good job woman. And I love your bangs. New? And I love your new background. Way cute:)

Kimberlee said...

It is the little things that make life beautiful, isn't it.