Monday, December 22, 2008

BIRTHDAY CAKE

The other day we were coming home from Brooklyn's gymnastics. She was a little tired and cranky on the way home. So to cheer her up I said to her " Brooklyn, in a couple of day's we are going to drive and drive and drive for a long time. And when we are done driving we will see our Grandma and Grandpa's and we will see Jeremy, Jake, Angie, Erika, Abby, Isaac" (you can see were this is going) I named everyone in our families and the whole time she was just staring at me with wide eyes. Every once in a while she would repeat a name back to me. Then I said "And, Brooklyn guess who else is coming?? Santa is coming to bring some toys for us to play with." Her whole face lights up and she says " oh, I sited (excited) mommy. Sissy is sited too! (meaning Nikell is excited too.)
Later that night as I am putting her to bed after songs and prayer she goes " drive and drive? Jeremy, Jake, Abby, Grandma, Grandpa? Santa bring me toy's and candy?"
Maybe you had to be there but it was seriously so dang funny. I was amazed that she remembered so many names of family we don't see very much.
Brooklyn is so excited for Christmas. She says to us all the time "Its Christmas time? Santa coming? bringing Birthday cake? (apparently that's what she wants for Christmas this year) Then after I say yes to all of those things she goes "yipee, yahoo, wahoo, wahee." She had to have learned that from her dad!
We just love little Bing she is such a sweet girl and she really says the cutest things. It really makes Christmas even more fun for us to watch her get so excited about it.

7 comments:

Nichole W. said...

That is so cute! I wish Hudson had the same attitude as cute Brooklyn. I ask him if he wants Santa to come to our house, he says no. No to presents. I don't think he quite grasps it yet, or he just doesn't want the big fat freaky bearded stranger to come to our house.

mistyb said...

oh I love her! She's so cute! kids really make holidays so much more fun!

heidijogoody said...

How fun for you guys to be coming to be with family for christmas. And isn't it so amazing the things kids can take in.

Cori Henderson said...

Oh, so cute! She sounds like such a fun little thing. So precious, I love it. You better get her a cake for Christmas!

ABranch said...

I think Bing has a point about needing birthday cake for Christmas?

Kalli said...

That is so cute I want to hear her cute voice I hope you call me when you are here in Utah love you tons...xoxoxo

Haskins said...

That is super cute!!! Kids do make Christmas so much fun again!! Are you still here in Utah? If so lets get together!!