Monday, December 8, 2008

CHRISTMAS TAG

Corianne thanks for the cute tag.
1. Egg nog or Hot chocolate? Hot chocolate for sure. I hate egg nog, I tried it again on Thanksgiving to see of my taste for it has changed, Nope I still hate it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps the little ones. The big ones are always unwrapped and set out with a big bow.
3. Colored lights on a tree/house or white. We have two trees one has white and colored and one has just white. Our palm trees outside have white and our house will have red and white.
4. Do I hang mistletoe? Oh how I love the mistletoe. When I was a sophomore I really wanted to kiss this boy. (Mark) so my friend Carrie and I had a genius idea she was going to somehow place a mistletoe above our heads somehow so that he would kiss me. Our plan didn't really work out.
5. When do I put up my decorations? We usually start the day after Thanksgiving. This year we had family here so I actually just got done with it. We still haven't put the lights on the house. We are wondering if we should still. Since we are going to Utah for Christmas.
6. What is my favorite holiday dish? I don't think it is really a dish but I always look forward to my mother in laws stolen. I don't think I spelled that right but it is like a German sweet roll sort of thing. YUM!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My favorite thing was every Christmas we would all get up super early and go wake my parents up. We weren't supposed to go in the living room until everyone was up and ready. Then we said a prayer and lined up from oldest to youngest and went into the living room all together. I just remember it taking forever for my parents to get up and come out of their room. Not to mention my sister was always just wanting to sleep longer. So my brothers and I would just knock on their doors forever it seemed. The suspense was always what made it so magical.
8. When and how did I learn the truth about Santa? I actually don't really remember. For a while I knew he wasn't really but I wanted to believe. So I told everyone that I believed in Santa for the longest time.
9. Do we open a Christmas gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up we would open a gift from the persons name that we drew in the family. With our kid's we let them open their pj's on Christmas eav so they can wear them that night.
10. How do I decorate our tree? This year we did a formal tree in the front room and every year we do a fun tree in the family room. We use the ornaments that we collect from places we travel. So when we are decorating the tree we can remember all of the fun places we have been. It has been so fun remembering funny things about the places we have been.
11. Can I ice skate? I used to love to Ice skate. I haven't been in so long I would probably pretty funny to watch.
12. Can I remember my favorite gift? Roller blades. I loved those things.
13. What is the most important thing about he holidays for me? Being with friends and family. I love all the traditions. It is so fun starting those traditions with our girls.
14. What is my favorite holiday dessert? Sugar cookies and anything chocolate.
15. What is my favorite holiday tradition? Christmas eav is always my favorite. I love being with family and singing Christmas songs all together.
16. What tops my tree. A star
17. What do I prefer - Giving or receiving? My favorite thing is when you get a gift for someone that they LOVE. It is so fun seeing them open their present and get so excited about it. I'm not going to lie I love having people give me presents too. My favorite part is right before you open it.
18. What is my favorite Christmas song? Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant
19. Candy Canes? I am not really a fan of eating them but I think they are so cute and they really remind me of all the things I love about Christmas.

I tag, Misty, Loralee, Angie B., Angie H., Heidi, Kara,

2 comments:

winston and jillyn egan said...

Yes that sounds like something Carrie would do with the mistletoe. Too bad it didn't work hu? Well that last post of Yosemite is so pretty. And I love how Nikell always is sucking on her two middle fingers. She is so cute!!!

Cori Henderson said...

I loved that post! I remember you guys talking about getting mistletoe above you. Why didn't it work out? That is so funny.