When I am not slammed with editing or taking pictures I have these visions of things I want to take pictures of. When I get an idea in my head I can't stop thinking about it until I actually go take pictures of what it is I'm thinking about. About a year ago I took my couch out into the middle of a huge field for a maternity shoot just because I had a vision and thought it would be awesome. I am sure Toby didn't join in my enthusiasm when he had to help me load our couch into out yukon and go set it in the middle of a field. After the craziness of taking everyone and their dogs (literally) pictures through Christmas was over I felt like I could actually breath a little. Thats when the visions started coming again. I really wanted to do a shoot where I could incorporate my hair and makeup knowledge with my photography. So I started planning a little photo shoot. I got some models and invited some of my friends who are photographers and what started as a small little thing turned out to be a lot bigger then I had planned. We ended up with 6 photographers and 7 models. On saturday I started doing hair and makeup at 12:00 and then we did the photoshoot from 2:00 until 6:00. It was a really rainy, cold day but despite the weather everyone was awesome and had such a fun time. Some of the poor models were shaking because it was so cold but they still worked the camera and had great attitudes. When I was doing the hair and makeup before I was feeling a little rushed so I wasn't able to do everything exactly the way I had envisioned but its ok, I might just have to do it again soon.:)
These are a few pictures some of my friends shot throughout the day... These are a few of the pictures that I have had time to edit. I have now started to get busy again and am having a hard time editing them all, so, the others will have to wait.
It is so much fun to see how passionate you are about photography. I just love seeing this side of you. Great shots Tam! Have you thought about getting on some of the model/photography web pages. I had a friend that did that and had models asking him to take their photos due to his portfolio. Its a way to advertise yourself and find models and practice your skills. He is a professional photographer now. You are definitely good enough. You should think about it.
4 comments:
It is so much fun to see how passionate you are about photography. I just love seeing this side of you. Great shots Tam! Have you thought about getting on some of the model/photography web pages. I had a friend that did that and had models asking him to take their photos due to his portfolio. Its a way to advertise yourself and find models and practice your skills. He is a professional photographer now. You are definitely good enough. You should think about it.
Thanks Ang!! Thats not a bad idea, I will definitely look into it! What is your friends name I wouldn't mind checking out his stuff!
Your such a rockstar! I love that you put this together! Your friends are lucky to have you :)
p.s. I love your pics :)
Post a Comment