Saturday, July 10, 2010

3rd and 4th of July

On the 3rd of July we had a busy day trying to get some things done around the house while Erika was still here to help out with the girls. We went to Costco and Lowe's and we got a big shelving unit to put in our pantry so that I could finally unpack all our food storage. Ahh, I'm so happy to say my pantry looks so nice and neat now, free of boxes!!:) That night we took Erika to have her first experience with Thai food, something we love! She said she really liked it so yeah for that. We decided last minute to do let off some fireworks at our house so Misty, Dylen and Max came over and we had a great time doing sparklers and watching the fabulous firework show that Erika and Toby put on for us. Brooklyn is still not a huge fan of the loud noises so she pretty much covered her ears and face the whole time but everyone else loved it.

This picture I got from Misty...













The next day after church and visiting with some good friends we decided to go find a real firework show to go watch. We found one just as it got dark about 40 minutes from were we live. We sat on the grass at an elementary school and watched the fireworks that were going on at a park nearby. We had cars driving by in front of us the whole time but we barely noticed because of the fun times we had just talking and laughing with Erika and the girls. I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July! I'm so grateful for our country and love celebrating it!



We love Erika soooooo much and are so happy she came to stay with us for a week. I miss her already and hope she will come out again soon! I took Erika's pictures while she was here and I am still editing them but will post some of those soon. There are a few on my photography blog that are dang cute but I will be posting a few more soon.


2 comments:

winston and jillyn egan said...

Your family sure is cute. I'm glad you had fun and got your pantry in order. Such a good feeling :)

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Adorable family! So glad you guys found some fireworks on the 4th :)