

happy ...

to, very sad...


She never said a word and didn't cry but I could tell something was wrong. So when we left I asked her what was up and she just said "I miss my dad". So later that night I told her she had swimming the next day and she goes, mommy I don't want to be with the big kids in the big pool. So, I asked her if she wanted to take a class with the three year olds and she said that she didn't . I was getting a little confused about what was going through her head. So the next day when we went back to swimming she cried the whole time and this continued the next day. Every time I asked her what was wrong she would say she missed her dad. I think she is a little bit afraid of all the kids that are taller than her and splashing around right next to her but she doesn't really know how to tell me. So, everyday I just tried to talk to her and make her feel a little more comfortable and by the last day of the week she did a really good job! Toby and I tried to just teach her that when you start something you really need to finish it and that all we ask is that you try, (even if that means sitting on the edge of the pool watching or just standing in the water watching.) I'm really glad we stuck with it and got through the hard day's because she really started to get so much more comfortable by the end of the week. So, Hopefully this week will go even smoother!
Nikell loves coming to swimming lessons with us. The first day she got Brooklyn's sunglasses out of my purse and laid down on the towell to watch.

Dylen and Brooklyn are such cute friends, they love each other!

6 comments:
Poor little thing. She is seriously so adorable.
love the b/w one!
That is so sad...poor thing. She is so sweet and cute. Glad you stuck with it. And those last two pics, with them holding hands, so dang cute!
tanners in swimming lessons to and he is the same way, its sad to see him sad
We are having the same experiences and conversations with our kids. LOL!
Tanner, our fish, had a drowning incident he is trying to mentally get over. So sad but, a little stress/accomplishment is good... right? :)
poor thing. she is so sweet
Post a Comment