Sunday, June 20, 2010

MORE SWIMMING

First of all I just want to tell Toby how great I think he is! My girls love their daddy and I feel like I'm the luckiest girl there is to be married to such a wonderful man!

This week Brooklyn did much better at her swimming lessons. She became a lot more comfortable with everything and she started really participating and learning. She loves going under the water. The whole time all we see her doing is going up and down out of the water. The class she was in was so large that they needed to have two teachers. Brooklyn fell in love with the girl teacher and said every time on the way to swimming if it was ok if she has the girl teacher. Her exact words were "mommy, is it ok if I take the girl today?" This teacher was really good with her and went out of her way to try to make Brooklyn feel comfortable.
The last day of swimming they had the kids put on life jackets and jump off the diving board. Brooklyn wasn't sure about this idea and right away said she didn't want too. This is how it all went down.


Walking over to get her life jacket on with her favorite teacher. The whole time she was making sure we knew she wasn't going to jump.
Getting her life jacket on still telling us she isn't going to jump
even walking to the diving board to watch was scary
Her teacher told her she could just watch if she wanted. She sat down and watched her friend Dylen take a jump.
After that she decided it looked kind of fun. So she went and got in line:)

She was great getting on the diving board
but then when she got to here she froze. Two teachers got up there to see if they could coax her out further to jump. lol
Nikki and daddy watching and waiting
She decided there was no way she was jumping off but she said she would jump off the side of the pool. Which is hilarious because last summer she was diving off the side by herself and this year she was scared to do even that. After jumping off the side this is daddy trying to convince her to go off the diving board.

more coaxing
Finally she agreed to jump off with the teacher. yeah!


Sydney
Dylen (she got some air!)
I think we are going to stick to smaller classes and her private lessons that are in August. She was a little young for this class and I think she does better with more one on one lessons. But we are proud of her for really trying!

3 comments:

winston and jillyn egan said...

Oh my gosh could she be any more cute?

heidijogoody said...

The girls are going to start their swim lessons in a couple of weeks I hope they will do good I have been a bit nervouse. I love all the pictures you documented of her going off the diving board.

Amy said...

What a cutie!! And so brave! Those diving boards are scary!