Friday, January 3, 2014

Traditions

One of my favorite traditions from when I was little was every year helping my mom and dad put out the Christmas decorations.  We would always have Christmas music playing and it always felt so magical.  I have tried to continue this tradition with my own family and I am just starting to see Brooklyn remember doing it last year and get excited to do it again.  Its funny how they don't start to really remember long term things until about 6ish.  I think Nikell is beginning to understand how Christmas works now to and it is so much fun!
After we put up our Christmas decorations we noticed that we had a package from the North Pole.  Santa sent us an elf on the shelf this year to keep an eye on things for Santa until Christmas.  We named our elf Rocky and the girls really loved seeing all the different places Rocky would show up every day!

The First Sunday in December the girls were involved in a Christmas fireside that was just all music.  The sang in a children's choir.  It was so fun to get all dressed up in our Christmas dresses to go watch them perform.












1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Christmas traditions are always so much fun!