Wednesday, January 1, 2014

10 Years Baby

wow how did 10 years go by so fast!  I can't believe 10 years ago Toby and I were being married in the Mount Timpanogos Temple.  I guess when I think about that day it does seem like it has been a long time since some parts of that day are a little hazy.  Good thing we have pictures to help bring back some of those special memories!  I remember waking up the morning of September 26th 2003 so excited to finally be able to start my life with the man of my dreams.  I remember driving to the Temple with my parents and the moment I saw Toby I couldn't help but giggle a little.  He looked sick!  The poor guy was so nervous and I could tell he was not feeling as calm as I was.  I think after seeing me it helped calm him down.  Our marriage was beautiful and wonderful and I remember feeling so much peace in hearing the words "you are sealed for time and all eternity".  What a special blessing that is!  I loved looking into this wonderful man's eyes knowing I would be with him for all eternity.  I loved that man so much that day but words cannot explain how that love has grown and how much  I love him today, 10 years later!
I am even more sure now than I was that day that I married the most perfect man for me.  He is my other half, my soul mate and my very best friend!  I love him more than words could ever express and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with such an amazing man.  
For our 10 year anniversary we decided to take a few day's and go somewhere alone.  We had a trip to Lake Powell coming up so we thought it would be fun for the kids if we went to Utah county and let them stay at their cousins for a few day's while we went to Park City.  This trip was seriously so awesome!  The second we dropped of the kids from the second we picked them up 2 day's later we had a blast together.  There is no one in the world that I could have more fun with!  Toby seriously has the most witty sense of humor.  He makes me laugh everyday and I can't explain how much I adore this man.  On our way to Park City we stopped at a jeweler.  About 1 year ago, Toby told me that he wanted to get me a ring for our 10 year anniversary.  I had been looking around at things liked and had picked a jeweler for us to visit while we were there.  We hung out there looking at rings for a few hrs, which was so fun to do.  
When we were married Toby picked out my wedding ring, which I LOVE.  I wanted him to choose a ring that he liked and that he could afford and that he wanted to get me.  So I never went ring shopping with him.  We thought it would be fun to go shopping together since we never did the first time.  We found the perfect ring and I was so excited about it!  This ring really symbolized how are love has grown and I couldn't be happier with our decision.  Toby got a ring also since his other one doesn't really fit anymore.  
Park City was so beautiful!  We got to be there for the first snowfall and it was breathtaking!  We stayed in a hotel that looked a lot like an old cabin and Toby upgraded our room to the Governors Suit. It was HUGE!!  Two enormous bedrooms, Two huge bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen.  We had so much fun together!  We ate dinners at some very fancy restaurants, we did some shopping (Toby's favorite;)), we got pedicures and we even went down the coaster and rode up the tram.  The Alpine slide was closed but the coaster was a lot of fun!  All in all it was seriously the most perfect trip.  I love my babe and am seriously one lucky girl!!!









I forgot to mention the present that I got for Toby.  Anyone who knows Toby, knows his favorite band is U2.  I on the other hand am not quite a fan.  So for our anniversary I thought I would do something that would really surprise him.  I learned the U2 song with or without you, on the piano and I taught the girls how to sing the chorus.  So as we were eating lunch at cafe rio on our way out to Park city, I asked him if he wanted his gift.  I handed him my phone and pushed play on my voice memo.  I had recorded it with the girls before we left for Utah.  He loved the song when it started playing but he still had no idea that the girls were going to sing the chorus with me so I watched his face until the song got to the chorus and as soon as their little voices started singing he flipped out!!  I swear this man never cries but he was on the verge!  It was pretty great!
A side note to that is, I told the girls that they couldn't sing the song when dad was around or he would figure it out.  Well Nikell sometimes sings to herself right when she wakes up in the morning.  One morning I hear a very quite voice singing "with or without you, with or without.  I  can't live with or without you."  haha!  Luckily it didn't give it away, Toby didn't even notice.









































No comments: