Saturday afternoon I was on my way home from the Omega Nu home show and I called Toby to tell him I would be home soon. When he answered he told me in a very worried voice that Brooklyn had just fallen off our kitchen bar stool and she was hurt really bad. He told me to hurry home so we could figure out whether or not to take her to the emergency room or not. When I got home I ran in the house and found Toby holding are sweet little girl on his lap holding a towel over her mouth because she was bleeding badly out of her mouth. She had bitten her tongue really bad, so bad in fact that we couldn't even tell where it was bleeding because there was so much blood. She also had a cut under her chin that looked like it might need stitches. I put he in the car and headed down to the urgent care we had to wait there for like 1/2 hour and we just brought a towel with us so she could spit out the blood. We got so many concerned looks! When they finally got us in the nurse looked pretty worried. she told me that her chin might need a stitch or two but her tongue was more of a worry to her. She sent me then to the emergency room (which I think is retarded that she couldn't do anything for us there). When we got to the ER I immediately was worried. It was packed with sick people with masks over their mouths. I didn't even want to step foot in there with my little girl. After talking to the lady at the front desk she told me it might take a while for her to get seen. There was no way I was staying there so Toby called one of his friends Dr. Dowbak and he was so sweet and told us to come to the hospital he works at and he would take care of her. I am so grateful that he was so willing to take a look at Brooklyn! Meanwhile Brooklyn's bleeding slowed down but didn't stop completely. This was like 3 hours later too. On the drive home she fell asleep in the car and I was glad because she was so tired and in so much pain. Dr. Dowbak looked at her tongue and said that there isn't much they can do for the tongue, they don't ever stitch it up or anything so he gave us some kodine and just told us to just give her liquids for a while until it started to heel. He didn't think stitching the chin was necessary and really didn't want to traumatize her.
The whole day Brooklyn was so brave! She just sat and stared the whole time because she couldn't talk. she was seriously such a sweet girl and was so brave when I am sure it hurt so bad. The nurse cleaned her tongue off to look at it and she did sooo good! One of the sadest things was when she would say "mom threes yucky stuff I need to spit" But she couldn't say it very well and you could tell it hurt her!
Now 3 day's later she is doing so much better! She is even eating solid food which is really good! We were afraid that she would re open the cuts but she has done really well! Things like this are so hard for little ones and it was so hard for us to see her like that. I seriously wanted to throw up I was so sick that she had to have that happen.
Sorry for the nasty picture hope nobody sees it that doesn't want too. This picture actually looks really good compared to what it looked like the first day!
When Brooklyn fell asleep in the car I went inside to get Toby to take her to the Dr. When we came back she was drooling blood down the side of her mouth. It was so sad! I wiped it off for this picture but you can still see it a little bit.



7 comments:
Oh my goodness, poor little thing! I hate when kids are in pain and there isn't anything you can do for them. I hope she's feeling better.
OH POOR THING. I JUST WANT TO GO GIVE HER A GIANT HUG.
Why do titles telling me "to beware" make me want to read it? LOL!
I am so happy cure tinner Brooklyn is feeling better. Give her a hug for me!
Poor Brooklyn! What an unpleasant adventure to not repeat anytime soon! So nice to have connections so you could get her taken care of.
It's so true what he said about it not needing stiches though. Jackson split the underside of his top lip open during a basketball game. He was bleeding flippin' everywhere. I freaked. His coach insisted that he didn't need stitches - - - yah, right! Two hours later we walked out of the Dr's office with NO stitches. It healed super fast.
Good luck!
Oh my gosh!! Poor little thing. It looks like she bit all the way through her tounge. I hate it when stuff like this happenes. Hope she feels better soon:)
Poor little thing! I hope she gets all better soon! I hate when things like that happen.
Oh my goodness! That poor thing! I don't think my girls would have handled that so well. Glad she is doing better.
Post a Comment