Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTMAS DAY

We had a really fun Christmas morning! Brooklyn let us sleep in until about 8:30 which was really nice since we didn't get much sleep the night before. Santa left Brooklyn's present still in the box and Toby and I had to put it all together. We were up until about 3:30 in the morning. Brooklyn and Nikell are the funnest age right now. They were both so excited to come downstairs and see all the gifts that Santa had left them. Nikell did get tired of opening presents though so we left a few for them to unwrap latter which worked out perfectly.



This was Brooklyn's favorite present. She loves doing her princess Bell's hair and makeup! This picture is also significant because it is the first shot I took with my new lens!!!! Santa got me a really, really sweet lens for Christmas. It is the EF 24-70mm f/2.8 I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and am so excited to start taking more pictures with it. He also got me a tripod something I am really excited to use also!
This Kitchen was Brooklyn's big present from Santa. She likes it but when she first saw it she didn't have any food to play with. So when I asked her later if she liked her kitchen she said. "Ya mom, but all the cupboards are empty". Luckily Aunt Shannon got Brooklyn and Nikell some fun food and bowls and pans to play with!

After we took a afternoon nap we headed up to Bear Valley to have some fun in the snow. We had the best time other then the nights sleep we had. We forgot to bring Nikell's porta crib which was a HUGE mistake. I think we were all about to go crazy because she was out of control rolling all over the bed and Toby and I didn't get much sleep.
More pictures of the day after Christmas to come!

5 comments:

mistyb said...

looks like you had a fabulous day! the kids are so cute opening their presents. I must say I am quite jealous of your new lens. That's the one I've been wanting!! Lucky girl!! The kitchen is really cute. glad you guys had a fun christmas!

heidijogoody said...

Looks like a great christmas. That kitchen is very cute.

winston and jillyn egan said...

Oh my gosh you got an awesome lens...I'm so excited to see what you do with it:) They got some good stuff too!

Cori Henderson said...

Congrats on your new lens! Let me know how you like it! I love it when they have lower f-stops like that cause then you can blur the background! It was two years ago when my girls got tired of opening presents (about the same age as your girls now), and I saved some for the next year (I couldn't even remember what they were:) Holy cow I keep leaving long comments on your blog. Anyway, cute pics and it looks like you guys had a Merry Christmas!!!

Trisha said...

Okay I am a little jealous of your lens too!! :) I was supposed to get one too...but then our ac went out a few months ago, so maybe next year? haha, oh well. But I love the pics you took with the new camera.