

St Nick came on the 5th of December. This is a German tradition started with Toby's dad's family. Brooklyn was so excited to get her treat in her shoes. The only sad thing was she couldn't eat it yet because her tongue was still pretty bad. She carried her treat around with her all day though and kept telling me that her friend Nick came and gave her a treat.
Christmas decorating has alway's been something that I have loved doing with my family. I remember every year my parents would turn on Christmas music and we would all decorate the tree together (or whoever could be there). This is something we look forward to doing now with our little family. I wasn't really in the Christmas decorating mood this year and it took me a little while to get motivated to do it. Brooklyn was a big help this year and kept reminding me that we needed to decorate. Then when we finally did it she was VERY helpful and she loved every minute of it. She is still asking me if there is anything else to decorate.
I love traditions it is so fun to see the excitement in Brooklyn's face as she realizes what a special holiday this is. Nikell is still to young to get it but gets excited because she see's that Brooklyn is that way.



This ornament we got in 2004, we went to Europe for our 1 year wedding anniversary with our friends Erik and Brandi. It was such a fun trip and we got this ornament in one of my favorite places while we were there, Salzburg, Austria.
We got this ornament in Santa Cruz when we were there a couple of years ago with Ryan and Misty.
This one is from our awesome girls trip to Santa barbara to see Jack Johnson in concert.

6 comments:
It all looks beautiful! I love that you collect ornaments from your trips! So fun! I would love to have a palm tree to put lights on.
Your tree and house is so beautiful and CLEAN! How do you do it???
How fun! Your house looks so amazing and homey! I love you Christmas tree! Okay, there's just a lot about that post that I love:)
What a cute post Tami! We have the same tradition too, to go cut down a real tree. But ours fell over this year which it has never done before! Oh well, I love the smell and all the decorating fun that comes with it. I love the ornament idea too, very cute!
We started our decorating last weekend too. It looks a bit funny with all of the home construction but it still feels like Christmas. I am glad you have Brooklyn there to get you into your Christmas decorating spirits (My kids usually do this for me every year). Merry Christmas, Tami!
You so just got me even more into the Christmas Mood! I love that you do a real tree...we did away with that a few years ago for convenience reasons...and I miss the yummy smell! Your house looks beautiful!
Post a Comment