Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Behind

Wow, I am so sad that I have let me blog get so far behind this is the first time I have gotten this far behind:(.  I need to update a million things so I guess I am going to be back tracking for a little while here.
First To start off I just wanted to put a few things down that are more recent so that I don't forget them.

Nikell is at the age where everything that comes out of her mouth almost is hilarious.  Brooklyn went through this stage and I felt like almost everyday I could have just written down everything she said.  Every time we go outside at night Nikell say's "oh wow, its pinch dark outside".  I may have posted about that before but I just love it and it sounds so cute when she say's it.  "I can't go upstairs mom, I'm scared because it's pinch dark" lol it's my favorite.
Another thing she said the other night that was funny is we were at the almond blossom festival and we were just going around letting the girls ride some rides and Nikell was a little bit nervous to go on the airplanes and sometimes she needs a little push and then she loves things.  So being the good mom that I am, I bribed her and told her I would get her some cotton candy after she went on the airplanes.  So after she got of the airplane she had a blast of course and then ran up to me and said "mom, you said you would buy me some cotton balls, will you get me some cotton balls now please"?
Nikell gave her first talk in church last week and Grandma and Grandpa Branch were here to watch her.  She did such an amazing job and I was so proud of her for memorizing her talk so fast.  She has such a good memory and I was not only amazed that she memorized it but that she put so much personality into her talk.  I wish I had it recorded because it was so cute something I don't ever want to forget.
She is such a smart girl and I am amazed at how well she is doing with reading.  She is reading almost on the same level as Brooklyn.  Another thing that amazes me is how fast she picks up things.  We have an app on our phones that is a game to learn the states.  After having this app for maybe 2 weeks Nikell could locate all 50 states and not just locate them but just by the shape of the state she was able to click exactly where they go on the map.  I'm convinced she's brilliant because I seriously couldn't do the state thing if I tried.  Sad I know!

Another fun thing that is going on right now is Presly started walking this week:).  She is 13 months old  and I will post her fun birthday pictures soon!  She is such a cute little girl.  As she has gotten older she has definitely gotten a little bit feistier.  She started out being super quite and super sweet, she is still sweet but she most definitely has a little feisty in her these day's.  We all adore her and crack up at how cute she is everyday.

Brooklyn is loving school and is doing so well.  She just got her first report card and it was excellent.  She is very smart and is working so hard in class.  Everything on the report card showed me that she is an over achiever and tries to be the very best she can be.  I have noticed things about her these past few months.  Things that tell me she is really getting older.  She say's things sometimes that are far wiser then her age.  I have posted about Brittney being pregnant and making wrong choices.  Well She has now married the guy that got her pregnant and we worry about her and hope she stays close to the church.  Brookyn hasn't ever noticed things being different with Brittney until she got married.  She has been asking more questions about Brittney so Toby and I told her how we love Brittney and hope that she finds happiness but that she has made some very good decisions and that the path that she has chosen wont lead her to true happiness.  Brookyn said that she was sad for Brittney that she didn't get married in the temple and she turns to me after a moment of though and goes "mom, Brittney is old enough to know better."  Toby and I just looked at each other in surprise and both said "you nailed that one on the head my dear".  She does know better.

Hopefully I can get this blog updated soon so I can be back on track.  :)

1 comment:

mistyb said...

Loved reading all the cute things your kids are saying/doing! Love your sweet girls!! And you!