Monday, December 17, 2012
Very Sad Day
Friday was one of the saddest day's I think many of us on this earth have and ever will encounter. It was a day that will be remembered and thought of with very, very heavy hearts. In a small town in Connecticut an elementary school had a nightmare happen. A man entered the school and shot and killed 26 people including very young children from the ages of 5-10 years old. Also killing 6 adults. This horrific thing is something that made every parent in the world grateful to have there little ones safe and I think made every single person realize how precious and fragile our lives are. Whatever turmoil is going in on in our own lives suddenly these things seem small in comparison to what this town and those families are going through.
On Friday, I was a mess, crying at every thought of it and very sullen and depressed. I just don't understand why the innocent need to die in such a horrible way. It breaks my heart for those parents who lost a loved one and for those other children who witnessed this horror and have to live with the memories that they don't quite understand. As I went to the school to pick up Brooklyn I was not ok. As she ran to me and jumped in my arms my eyes filled with tears and I began to weep. As I walked to my car I worried that someone may see how I had completely lost it but then immediately didn't care as I kissed my little girl's cheeks all over! A week ago, Brooklyn's school was on lock down for a suspicious noise in the area. It was quickly over and ended up being nothing to worry about but when we returned home Brooklyn told me how they huddled in a corner and how she was really scared. To think about what that would have been like if it were the real thing is unthinkable. Those poor, sweet, children!
I pray every second of the day that Heavenly Father is reaching out his arms and wrapping them around those families and all of those who are in pain, giving them comfort. I pray that those people can come to know the plan of salvation and that they can know that they will be reunited with their little ones sooner then they realize. My heart is broken for these people and for this terrible tragedy.
I am so grateful to have the knowledge of the gospel and to know that our savior died for us so that we may live forever as an Eternal Family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This day was such a horrible day and even still now as I read stories of the teachers who gave their lives protecting their kids, or the teachers who did survive while protecting their kids I am still brought to tears. No one knows why people have to do the things they do but I too am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and eternal families.
Post a Comment