Monday, June 6, 2011

Be Our Guest




This years dance recital was quite the experience. I don't even think I mentioned but at the end of last years recital, my dance teacher asked me if I would be interested in teaching. So, this year I was the assistant in the adult dance classes. I loved teaching this year and had a blast being able to choreograph my own dances again and teach them. This years dance recital was a little bit crazy because being a teacher you are expected to be in a lot more dances. Not only was I in the adult jazz and hip hop but I also had to be in the faculty hip hop and opening and finale dances. Luckily I talked my way out of the opening which took off a little stress. Brooklyn this year did tap and ballet so she was in to dances and then her and nikell were in the beginning of the adult hip hop dance "cruella de ville". They were little Dalmatians and they stole the show.
The week was crazy and we were happy when it was finally over but we did enjoy it and have a great time! there were two dress rehearsals I danced twice in the first and 4 times in the second. Brooklyn just did one dress rehearsal with her two dances and then the other one for Cruella with me and nikki. The tricky part was trying to get her changed and to her dances and then me changed and have someone there for her. So, Brittany pretty much stayed with us all week helping me so much with the girls. I couldn't have done it without her!!! The dance recital was two days long with two shows each so I had to dance in 6 dances each day. Another thing that through a wrench into it all is my back went out in Hawaii and it was hurting beyond belief.

Brooklyn danced so well her tap dance was to the song "I wont grow up" the girls were dressed like fairies and the two boys were peter pan. Her ballet dance was to the song, "Winnie the Pooh." It was so fun to see her up there. She loves the "big stage!!"
Nikell was the cutest little puppy in the cruella dance and she was such a good sport even when the scary cruella's chased her off the stage! Luckily Brittany was there to catch them every time with candy in her hand!













I have a few more pictures I will be adding of the recital soon!

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

so cute! I just love all the costumes