Monday, June 13, 2011

Sick days

The day after the wedding Brooklyn started throwing up. I stayed home with her from church and tried to stay away from everyone so that we wouldn't spread the yucky bug around. We had dinner plans with my whole family at my moms house and Brooklyn had taken a nap and was doing ok so we got in the car and headed to Shannon's. The minute we got there and I was getting Brooklyn our of her car seat she threw up again. So the rest of the night her and I stayed in a room away from everyone else with a bowl and some Gatorade and watched princess movies for most of the evening. I was pretty happy that Nikell had so many cousins to play with because it kept her away from Brooklyn so that she wouldn't get sick. That night we had to get back in the car and take Toby to the airport so he could go home and work all week. After that we had to drive up to Logan to my parents house. Poor Brooklyn just held her bowl the whole way and luckily she only threw up once and she managed to get it all in the bowl! We were so glad to get to my parents house were we had our own comfy room and Brooklyn was able to really just relax in the peace and quiet and get better. Unfortunately for her to get better she had to get worse first. In the middle of the night she got a fever which lasted the whole next day. Every time I would try to give her something to break her fever she would throw it up. I was getting pretty nervous since she hadn't had anything but gatorade for two whole day's. So that night my dad and uncle Floyd gave Brooklyn a blessing. She went to bed that night and as she was sleeping her fever finally broke. When she woke up the next morning she got up out of bed and walked over and asked me if she could have something to eat. I was so grateful that she had been healed and that she was looking so much better. We started off with some toast and she probably nibbled on it for most of the day. She still layed around and felt a little crummy but she was looking so much better. The next day she looked even better so we got dressed and decided to go visit Grandma and Grandpa Griffiths. It was so good to see them and the girls were happy to be out and had a good time playing with Grandma Joan's toys. We stayed until the next day and then headed back down to Utah County. We loved being at my parents house though and really enjoy how nice and comfortable it is to be there. My parents are awesome and really took such good care of Nikell for me so that I could spend my time with Brooklyn. I love and appreciate them so much!
These pictures are in order backwards. lol, oh well!














The first few days were like this...




1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Oh poor Brooklyn it is hard to be sick but even harder when you are not at your own house! Lily had the flu just like this about a month or so ago and it was so miserable