Friday, February 26, 2010

ONE SICK MONTH

For some reason this month has just been one sickness after the other for our little family. First I got sick then the girls caught a little bug, then Toby got sick and still hasn't been able to kick it completely. Then Nikell got sick again last week and I got a crappy bladder infection. After taking Nikell to the dr one morning I had to go to my midwife myself. So Instead of taking her all the way home and going back which would have taken like an hour. I took her to my appointment with me. My appt. was at 2:30 But they told me to come an hour early because they had moved buildings and they needed me to do all this paper work. Nikell did such a good job for the first hour and 15 mn but when we had been there for close to an hour and 45 mn she started getting really tired. Poor thing had an ear infection and I am sure just wanted her bed. So when I about gave up waiting the lady told me I would be next to see the midwife I sat down with Nikell on my lap. She put her two little fingers in her mouth and within minutes fell asleep. (this, by the way, never happens. This girl doesn't fall asleep anywhere but in her bed very often). Right as she fell asleep they called my name. I didn't have a stroller or anything so I was a little nervous about what I was going to do, I really didn't want to wake her up because she was so tired and sick. My worries went away the second I saw my midwife, I seriously LOVE all the midwives in this office and can't say enough good things about them! She took Nikell from my arms without me asking or saying a word. She held her during my entire visit and then near the end she laid her on the patient table so she could write me a prescription. I know this story is probably lame for everyone to read but I was so impressed with this midwife that I just had to say so. I was so glad Nikell stayed asleep and was able to get a really great nap. I just really appreciate it when people go out of there way to make me feel comfortable and when they are more then happy to help me when I need it.
I am happy to say everyone at our house is feeling much better.


I also wanted to tell everyone thanks for the votes. I am afraid we just got too late of a start so we are pretty far behind but feel free to keep voting if you want too!!

6 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

That is so sweet! I feel bad for you guys! We were like that last year. I'm glad you're all feeling better too!

ABranch said...

:) That is a great story! I am glad you shared it! Sorry you guys are having such a rough time. Hope you all feel better soon.

Jodi said...

What an awesome midwife! Im glad you are all feeling better! You need a vacation after a month like that. Utah is nice this time of year:)

heidijogoody said...

Oh that cute little girl. I think it is always great to document these kinds of things and it is always so nice when people go out of their way to be helpful.

curious!? said...

If you went to the midwife, does it mean another little one in on the way??!!

Tami said...

No, lol, it means I had a bladder infection.