Today Misty and I and the kids went over to the Almond Blossom festival that was going on. We had a really fun time and I will add some more pictures later. But I wanted to say how much I love this time of year were I live. Throughout the year there aren't very many times I look around at my surroundings and think to myself "wow I live in a beautiful place". Don't get me wrong we do live near very many beautiful places and we visit there as much as we can. But, right where we live isn't much to brag about, EXCEPT for this time of year! We live near so many almond orchards and I can't tell you how beautiful it is when they are all in bloom. It reminds me of the way trees look when they are snow covered. The plus side of that is we get to enjoy that same beauty without being freezing cold.
Today while we were at the festival it was pretty stormy looking in the sky. The clouds were black and it looked like it was just about to pour. We packed the kid's in the car because we weren't really to excited to stand out in the rain. As I was driving home with my kids fast asleep in the car. I start to see the sun peak out between the black clouds. The light that was pouring over the trees was breath taking. I was truly in awe of how beautiful it was! Of course I had to pull over and capture the beauty and ponder for a moment about how blessed I was to be able to enjoy such things.
I hope I am able to convince someone to let me take their pictures in the beautiful trees before the blossoms are gone.
5 comments:
That is really cool! I have never seen almond trees before but I have eaten their nuts. LOL!
That's way cool!! I've never seen almond trees either. Gorgeous!!!
beautiful picture. we better do some pictures fast they are going to be gone before we know it!
It really does look like snow! Beautiful! I'd let you convince me to take my pictures there anyday!
Wow that is amazing!!! I thought it was snow until I started reading what you wrote! I think that is really pretty! Oh and I love the pizza remark! Too funny!
Post a Comment