Friday, January 6, 2017

Dr. Dolittle


Nikell thought it would be fun to be in a musical and so I took her to tryout for Yes Company which is a non profit program and they put on really amazing musicals a few times a year.  We have been to a few of Yes Company's performances and have really enjoyed them.  So Nikell did a great job at auditions and made it to be in Dr. Dolittle as the mouse.  She enjoyed it a lot and loved singing all the songs every chance she had.
I was able to be the photographer for the production which ended up being a lot of work but I was glad to get some good shots of my girl.  Not sure if we will do it again just because I wasn't a huge fan of the organization of the program and I had some issues with some of the people that help with the costume and production itself.  I just don't like it when I don't feel completely safe dropping my daughter off for hrs.  They had the production at a high school in Modesto and at one point they had a homeless man hiding under the stage the entire night and he ended up stealing some of the things that were on the stage.  Hearing that made me a little too nervous especially not having any security or very much supervision for these kids.  It's too bad though because Nikell really did such a great job I'm just not sure where else to take her.















































No comments: