Brooklyn decided she really wanted to do swim team this summer. Her and her cute friend Maddi loved racing together and really had a fun summer together on swim team. Brooklyn did so well and she received 2 heat ribbons for being the fastest in her heat. Once for the backstroke and once for the free style. The first time she got a heat ribbon we actually almost missed her race. Maddi's mom Jaime called my cell and said "Tami Brooklyn's race is going NOW you have to run if you want her to make it". Brooklyn was eating a piece of licorice as we are running to get her to the pool, trying to put her swim cap on and her goggles we were running and panicking like crazy. She ran under the ropes and got in the water right when they race began. She must have been in a speedy state of mind because she seriously went so fast. I was so proud of her and I was like jumping up and down cheering for her. When she won and she ran up to me with her black heat ribbon I started to cry. She looked so happy and I loved seeing her cute little smile!! Going to these swim meets are not easy. The amount of work that goes into it is crazy, especially with two other kids. But seeing that smile on her face when she won and seeing how excited she was, was well worth it!

1 comment:
Way to go Brooklyn. That is so awesome!
Post a Comment