Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ballet Recital

So I get this question from a lot of people.  Why do I have my girls in two different dance companies.  I started the girls dancing at 5678 when they were young.  I love it there and love the people that work there!  The reason though that I started them in ballet at Juline's is because 5678 to me is the best studio for an all around dancer and training a dancer to be a competitive dancer.  You learn everything from Jazz, contemporary, to hip hop and tap, They even do ballet as well.  Julines is a school for classical ballet and if you want to be a ballerina then in my opinion this is where you get the best training for that.  They offer other styles of dance to but specialize in ballet.  So I wanted my girls to get a feel for both types of dancing styles to see which one fits them the best.  Nikell say's she wants to grow up and be a ballerina so if that is the case and she continues to want that then we will probably eventually be exclusively at Julines.  On the flip side if she decides that she wants to compete in dance and do all types of dance then 5678 it is.  Hopefully within the next year or two she will be able to have a better idea of what she wants.  Brooklyn on the other hand decided already that she wants to be a gymnast so I am keeping her in ballet to help her with her gymnastics.  Sounds complicated but really it boils down to what the girls like the most so I guess time will tell.
Julines dance recital is much different than 5678's.  It is an outdoor performance and it is much more relaxed.  I have to say though it was about 110 degrees outside and we were all dying!!!!  My parents came out so that they could see the girls perform but they had to leave early because my Grandpa Branch wasn't doing well after his surgery.  It is a good thing they left becuase I think my mom would have died in that heat.  It really would have made her sick so it's probably good they went home.  When they decided to go home they had a special dinner and dance recital the night before they left in our backyard.  They decorated it while we were gone with some of the party decorations from nikell and presly's ballerina party.  The girls got in each of their costumes from both recitals and danced their little hearts out as well as did a little tumbling.:)  We had fun with my parents here and did some fun things like blueberry picking and lots of swimming.  This crazy year of dance is now coming to an end.  Can't wait till September to start it all again.:)









































1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Love those dance pictures of the girls. Such beauties