Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving

It was so great having family here for Thanksgiving! My brother Andrew and his wife Denae drove out with their two kids Ander and Hadley from Utah to spend Thanksgiving with us. We had such a nice relaxing time and it was great having lots of help preparing the feast! Toby made is amazing turkey and it was so yummy! I was so happy that even though Toby was on call he didn't have anything come up and was able to hang out with us the whole day. That was huge and I am so grateful for that!
I really love this time of year and feel so blessed. The monday before Thanksgiving we made our thankful list for family home evening and we wrote down "from the ceiling to the floor these are things we are grateful for" It was so fun to think about all the things that Heavenly Father has blessed us with. We have a truly blessed home with so many loved ones. We are healthy and happy and feel at peace with our lives. The girls came up with some really cute things they were thankful for like, Brooklyn really loves coloring and drawing so she said she was grateful for all of her crayons and markers. Nikell loves her pillow (without the pillow case) she said that she was very grateful for her pillow. It was fun to see and hear the things that were most important to them. My mom mentioned she was grateful for genealogy which is one I don't think many of us think of often but I think it is a big one! My dad said he was grateful for his bike and Toby was working but if he would have been there I'm sure he would have said he was grateful for his awesome wife;). I loved sharing this holiday with my family and am so grateful to all of them for coming out to stay with us!!

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

What a great thanksgiving!