The last little while I have been really itching to stretch my creative wings and do something more with my photography. I have not been doing a lot lately and have pretty much started turning away all my clients because my life has just been too busy to do any sessions lately. Having done that though I am not getting to do as much creatively and I have been really wanting to do a fun shoot. So I started to think about doing a concept shoot with my girls and our cute friends Jaydin and Kaiya Kroutil. All these girls do a little bit of modeling for fun so I thought it would be fun to do a fashion shoot with the girls.
I have been following child model magazine and they have opportunities for photographers to submit pictures of concept shoots with the chance of having them published. I thought this would be a good chance to try out something fun so I networked a little with some clothing companies and luckily heard back from a HUGE, very successful children's high fashion clothing company called Tutu De Monde and they were on board to send me some samples for my shoot.
I took a month or so to come up with what I wanted to do as far as makeup and hair and location and finally the day came for the shoot. I had a huge amount of help from my amazing husband and I am so glad because with being newly pregnant and not feeling my best I really needed a lot of help. I also had help from Matt and Megan Kroutil which I was very grateful for.
The concept initially started out as "deep in the woods" I wanted all the girls to look like they lived in the woods. I made them appear dirty and took a lot of time figuring out some cool hair do's. I had each girl have their own little personalities that I tried to reflect in the pictures. Jaydin was the mom role and I had her look older and a little more mature. Brooklyn was the hunter, tom boy type. She loved her role and thought it was cool that she was the tough girl. I had her looking all hunter like with a bow and arrow and Toby made her a animal belt so it looked like she had caught their kill for the day. Kaiya and Nikell were the twins, Kaiya was the girly girl with the baby doll and Nikell was the tom boy with the sling shot. Then we had our baby Presly dragging around her little blanket everywhere.
The shoot went awesome and the girls had a lot of fun together. We also went to ice cream together after and they thought it was a really fun time.
I submitted my shoot to Child Model Magazine and they loved it so much that the did about an 8 page spread of all my pictures in their December issue. I was such an honor!! I have to give Toby credit for coming up with the concept that we actually ended up changing it too. We had it called "deep in the woods" and Toby thought it would be cool to have them called "The Lost Girls".
It was a really fun thing and I can't wait to do another one soon.

















1 comment:
I always feel like I am catching up on blogs. As usual your girls are gorgeous, your pictures are amazing and life seems to be going great for you guys!
Post a Comment