Monday, August 11, 2014

Grandpa Leor

When Brooklyn was sick I got the news that my Grandpa passed away.  I wasn't sure how it was going to be possible for me to go to his funeral but having known what it felt like to not be able to be there for my Grandma Branch's funeral I really didn't want to have that happen again.  I feel like a never got closure with my Grandma.  I remember saying goodbye to her when she wasn't doing well at her house but it made me sad that I couldn't be there for her funeral.
My Grandpa Leor is very very special to me and I really wanted to be there to see him one last time and to be there for my Grandma.  Brooklyn started feeling better and Presly just had a small fever and little rash from her immunizations so I decided to go ahead and go home.  Nikell came with me for a little mommy daughter trip.  I don't remember her ever flying before and if she did she must have been really little.  This was her first trip on a plane and she was very excited about it!
It was so nice to be able to see my Grandpa and to be there for the funeral.  My Grandpa's brother, jim, sang at the funeral and something touched me so much when he was singing, his voice is so similar to my Grandpa's and for a moment I heard my Grandpa singing.   It was a moment I will never forget and one I wish I could re-live.
Grandpa was always singing or humming and there are so many memories of my Grandpa that will always bring a smile to my face.  Love that man!
A week after my Grandpa died, my Grandma went to the hospital because  of her heart and for a moment I really thought we might lose her too.  That was something I was not ok to deal with yet (even though I'm sure she would have rather gone right along with Grandpa).  She is doing ok now.
My Grandma and Grandpa had such a sweet relationship.  At the funeral my uncle Floyd said that numerous times when they were living at the care center (when my grandpa started having dementia) My Grandpa would say to uncle floyd, speaking about my Grandma, "who is that beautiful woman?" and then he would follow it up with "I want to marry her".  He would tell it to all the nurses and he even asked my Grandma if she would marry him a number of times.  I loved hearing these stories and think it is so sweet that even when his memory was lost he still felt a tie to Grandma and thought she was beautiful.  Love that so much!!



















































No comments: