Monday, October 8, 2012

6 Years Old

Brooklyn is 6!!  What?  Where does the time go?  I was just looking at pictures of Brooklyn when she was like 3 and I was dying over her chubby little cheeks and her short curly hair.  My sweet Brooklyn is growing into a beautiful big girl I just can't believe we are here already!  I think the first time I realized she was becoming a big girl is when she told me she didn't want to be a princess for halloween anymore she wanted to be a movie star.  Of course I talked her back into being a princess but she is on the brink of letting go of all those little girl things that she loves so much.  It makes me sad:(.  I want her to be this innocent and little forever!!
For Brooklyn's birthday I took some cupcakes into her kindergarten class.  She told me she wanted dolphins on the top of her cupcakes because that way the boy's and the girls would like them.  She is so thoughtful!   One of her favorite movies is Dolphin Tail.  She also loves watching the animal planet channel with Toby.  She LOVES animals!  Her dream is to swim with a dolphin someday.
It was so fun to see Brooklyn interact at school with her friends.  She was actually acting a little bit shy when she had to sit in front while everyone sang to her.  I haven't seen that side of her before.  My baby is growing up.









Nikell loved being in her class with her and was excited to get a cupcake too.  I have to bring up the fact that in these pictures Nikell is doing what she does all too often but I don't think I get many pictures of it.  She takes her hair and rubs it between her fingers, tickles it on her ear, her face, her lips and when know one is watching she even sucks on it or sticks it up her noes.  Yes gross I know!  I find clumps of bugers in her hair when I am brushing her hair in the morning.  ha ha I love this little quirck about my Kella.  She has been doing this with her hair since she discovered it on top of her head.  I hope she never stops!  (well, maybe she can stop putting it up her nose, I would be ok with that;))