Sunday, May 13, 2012

Our Lives

It is amazing how busy life has been getting this last year.  The girls are in so many activities, me with my photography, Toby with his job and having a new baby on top of it all.  I feel like I don't have any time to blog.  I don't want to get too far behind though because I know it will just get that much harder to get caught up again.  I just got another blog book in the mail a few months ago and it made me so happy to look through it and see all of the things that I posted about.  It is so nice having those fun memories and pictures recorded in a book for us and our kids to have and look at forever.
So now I'm catching up:)

Before I forget I really want to write down a few things about our sweet Nikell that I really don't want to forget.  Brooklyn and Nikell share a room now that Presly is here.  They have bunk beds and they love being in the same room together.  Every morning when Nikell wakes up I hear her singing in her bed.  She has done this for as long as I can remember, sometimes if she wakes up in the middle of the night, we here her singing her little songs.  It is very sweet.
The other day I was talking to kel about preschool.  She was telling me about her friend Samuel.  She told me that at school she likes to play with Samuel and that she is going to marry Samuel.  She goes "Samuel doesn't want to get married but I told him that he is a prince and he needs to marry a princess.  I will just take my princess book to school and show him how it goes".  lol I loved her!

That reminds me of something about Brooklyn.  For a while there Brooklyn wasn't very excited to go to preschool.  She was just so so about her class and didn't love it.  Well about 4 months ago she started coming home talking about her friend E.J.  She started telling me how nice he was and that she liked to play with him.  Well a few months later she started acting really excited to go to preschool, she couldn't wait to go.  She would come home and tell me how she thought EJ was so handsome and she always said it with a little giggle.  Then about a month ago after saying EJ was handsome for a while she says very serious "Mom I want to marry EJ, he is so handsome!  I am just so afraid that I will loose him, I really don't want to loose him".  Yes little miss Brooklyn has her first little crush (how is it starting this early?)  I couldn't believe that she was seriously afraid that through her growing up years she would loose him.  It was sort of sweet!

The girls started swimming back with Barbara and they were so excited to go!  They love her and they feel so comfortable with her!  Brooklyn is swimming so awesome and is just getting better and better!  Nikell is finally swimming to Barbara without saying "don't go too far" and without hanging onto her for dear life;).  They are both doing so well!

Presly is almost 4 months now and she is such a good, happy baby!  She is smiling now and has even giggled a few times.  She started sleeping through the night consistently at 8 weeks and it has been so nice to get a good nights rest ever since.  We are all much happier now that she is sleeping!







No comments: