Monday, July 11, 2011

Freedom

On the 4th of July Misty and I thought it would be fun to take the kids out and do a little photo shoot in front of a cool old barn in Escalon that has a flag painted on the outside. It sounded like it would be a great idea except for someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, well, maybe two people did. Brooklyn and maybe me. Right before we walked out the door Brooklyn had a huge meltdown because she couldn't find her shoes. Nikell was already out in the car waiting patiently and Brooklyn, me and Tierani (who was visiting with Jake and Jed) were looking all over the house for her shoes. Finally I just said Brooklyn you can wear Nikell's shoes for the pictures and then take them off right after. Little miss Brookyn did not like that idea and started screaming and crying and then through her little flag she was holding right at me. Awesome! Needless to say I was so not in a good mood when we got to Escalon. Poor Misty pretty much made it happen and made the kids smile. Luckily the morning passed and the girls got naps so the afternoon and evening went much smoother. I am so grateful that little Nikell is as sweet as she is right now because if I had to deal with two kids like this all the time I don't know if I could do it. Brooklyn tests my patients every single day. I love her but sometimes I really don't know what to do with her.

2 comments:

Valeri said...

Oh boy, can I relate to the tantrums!

Love the pics, especially the ones of Nikell and Max. Love the editing too.

heidijogoody said...

Even after the meltdowns you still got some dang cute pictures