Saturday, January 16, 2016

The things they say

I could probably write a post everyday about something either funny or sweet that Presly does or say's.  Toby and I are constantly talking about how this little girl has us wrapped around her little finger.  We adore her so much and her stage this last year has seriously been so much fun and she has brought us so much happiness.
A lot of people say that Presly is a little wild child and they ask me a lot if she is hard.  They always seem to be surprised when I say she is actually so obedient and sweet and is full of energy and so much fun but she isn't hard at all.  Presly can be wild and crazy and she is known to not be afraid of anyone and to be very talkative and full of lots of fun energy.  But when it comes right down to it she does everything I ask her to do and she is such an awesome helper.  Not too mention she is so sweet and is such an optimistic girl.

A while back I remember it being the first time I really realized what a good worker she was.  I was busy doing something downstairs and I noticed that Presly had gone upstairs and had been up there for about 10 mn and she was being super quite.  Right away I thought that the silence meant mischief so I went upstairs and when I found her she was in her room changing her clothes.  I asked her what she had been doing and she said "oh I just decided to clean up a little"  I looked around and her bedroom was spotless and then I went in the bathroom and it looked amazing.  At three years old she cleaned everything up better than the older girls do at 9 and 7. lol
Since then she has proven this many times by always cleaning up after herself with very little coaxing and being willing to help me out whenever I am cleaning up.  She is such a huge help with Sloane and I just appreciate it so much, she makes life so much easier.

This last week Presly has said two things to me that have really really been such a huge compliment to me and come at the exact time I need a lift.  A few sunday's ago we were driving home and Toby was on call so he wasn't at church with us.  It had been a hard day and I felt really down, I didn't feel like I had a lot of time to get ready that morning and I just wasn't feeling myself.  As we are driving home Presly is pretty quiet sitting in her booster and I sort of notice she is staring at me.  a few seconds go by as she is staring at me and she finally say's "mommy your are so pretty".  Then Brooklyn spoke up and said "you really are mom"  I know it may seem small but it was so genuine and it was so sweet and it was exactly what I needed that day.
Just a few day's ago I was in the bathroom hurrying to do my makeup to go pick up Brooklyn and Nikell from school and I see Presly out in the hall just looking at me again.  Same as before she just stands there quiet for a minute and then say's "mommy?"  and I say "yes baby?"  then she say's "you are a really good mommy".  she pretty much melted my heart!!

I love it when I put her to bed at night and she say's she wants to snuggle me.  I will drop everything when I hear her say those words.  Tonight as we are snuggling I said to her "presly I love you so much, you know your my girl right"  she goes "ya, your my girl too mommy".

Today we went sledding and Toby took the older two girls on the big hills and I took Presly and Sloane on the little ones.  I was so impressed with my little 3 year old with how happy and optimistic she is.  We had to walk up a pretty steep and slippery hill after every time she slid down and she had her huge tube she had to pull up with her.  As she is walking up she slips and slides and it appears to be difficult to get all the way up but every time I went down to help her she would say "its ok mom I got it".  It never seemed to bother her and I was so grateful because walking up that hill with Sloane, Presly and the tube would have been hard every single time so the fact that she would slide down by herself and come all the way around pulling her tube and back up the hill was such a big thing.  A few times I watched as a few people tried to help her and with a smile on her face she would just say "its ok, I got it."  Where did she come from??  she is such a happy little thing and I couldn't adore her more than I do.

No comments: