The girls wanted to do soccer with their friends this year. Kaiya and Jaydin did soccer last year and we didn't do it and the girls thought it would be fun to do it this year. However since Brooklyn has decided to be on the gymnastics team this year I told her we wouldn't be able to do as many things and the only way she would be able to do soccer is if she went with Nikell's group so that we didn't have to go to soccer at 2 different times. She agreed and said she was ok with that. It's a good thing we decided to do this because since she has never played soccer in a league before she was actually a perfect fit with the kids that were a little younger than her. I think the thing we discovered this year is that among all the things Brooklyn loves to do, soccer may not be on the list.
I don't think she likes contact sports much. She gets really mad and frustrated if she or her team isn't doing well and its like she will just give up if they are trailing behind at all. The first few games were a struggle and her attitude was really not the best but as the weeks went on she started to gain a little confidence and she started having a better attitude. She did much better when she gave it a good solid effort! She even showed us she had a big solid kick and that she could really get to the ball when she needed too.
Nikell on the other hand had a fantastic attitude and was smiling most the time. There wasn't a time that I looked up that Nikell wasn't running. She would finish the game with her face as red as a tomato because of all her running! She even told me her side was hurting and her tummy felt sick. Haha she was a little go getter! I think she enjoyed herself and would enjoy doing it in the years to come. Brooklyn may not be as excited but that's ok, thats why we tried it to see if they would like it. Brooklyn was doing cartwheels all over the field so I think that's saying something:).







No comments:
Post a Comment