Wednesday, October 19, 2011

General Conference

A few weeks ago for General Conference I wanted to do something fun that could maybe help the girls be excited about watching and listening. It turned out great and they loved it and I am thinking this may have to be a tradition from now on:).
Toby went to the store and got a bunch of little snacks and fruit. I put each of them in their own little cup and on the front of each cup I wrote down a subject that I knew would most likely be talked about in conference. I had a few on each cup, for example, Temples, Families, Love, Jesus Christ, Missionary work, Service etc. Every time one of the words was talked about the girls got to eat a few of whatever was in that cup. They listened really well and were excited about getting to eat their little snacks in the living room which usually isn't ok. They also loved setting up there sleeping bags and pillows and had fun camping out in the living room all day. I also printed a ton of pictures from lds.org for them to color while they were listening. All in all it was a fun day! Nikell was hilarious and was repeating just about every word that the speaker would say because she really wanted a snack. It was pretty funny.







1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

My friend did the same thing with her kids and said it was such a success I think I am going to have to do this with my girls next time because they sure make it hard to listen to conference sometimes.